What is the FedEx Retiree Club (FERC)?
The FedEx Retiree Club is an organization that allows you the opportunity to stay connected with the people you have worked with over the years and build new friendships
with folks that have a common background. Our members are retirees, active employees and former employees from all FedEx Companies. Participation is what you make it! You can stay in touch with current club activities via our world-class newsletter and website. Or you can get more involved by participating in monthly luncheons, vendor & benefit fairs, and other ongoing club activities. If you choose, you can also make a positive difference by engaging in any of the many volunteer opportunities offered.
As a member of the club, you will have the opportunity to:
The club does realize that the activities are currently centric to the Memphis area. We do value all of our members and in the future, we will be adding activities, discounts, and other things to improve the club experience for our satellite members.
In fact, we have kicked off a "Lunch with FERC" program. Wouldn't it be great if we all had lunch the same day at the same time in other cities around the world? Interested? Join the club to find out more.
- Access the FERC membership Directory to communicate with people you have worked with over the years or reconnect with those you may have lost touch with or contact new friends!
- Attend our Memphis monthly luncheon with great guest speakers...from basketball coaches to CEO of airlines to local prominent officials to FedEx Management. And guess what,
our Denver club members are
having lunch at the same time as the Memphis members but in their own time zone! You can too!
- Attend club functions that provide information on benefits, health, finance, etc. Don't forget our annual Memphis silent auction!
- Access the latest information regarding specific discounts available to our members.
- Receive the FedEx Retiree Newsletter -- a world class publication which provides a variety of articles that keep you up to date with members and activities.
- Help out your community through various volunteer and charitable activities. Share this information and have it published on the club website.
- Stay current on FedEx health, benefits, interline travel discounts, etc offered to FedEx retirees.
- Access links to other websites that provide useful retiree and senior information as well as other discount sites that may be useful
- Purchase club apparel, license plates and personalized calling cards.
- Participate in determining the club's future direction. We welcome all members globally to take the opportunity to help make FERC a great organization.
Note: The FedEx Retiree Club is a non-profit, tax exempt organization under section 501(c)4 of the Internal Revenue Code. Donors to the FERC may not deduct dues or contributions on individual returns.
Click here to read the By Laws.
Who is Eligible to Join the FedEx Retiree Club?
Membership is open to anyone who retired from a FedEx Company (worldwide). We also welcome active or former employees who have 5 years permanent continuous service and are participating in a FedEx Retirement Plan.
Spouses or a surviving spouse of a deceased member may also participate. The different membership classes are listed below:
Retired Member: All retirees of any FedEx Company as well as former employees of FedEx who who have 5 years permanent continuous service and are participating in a FedEx Retirement Plan. Retired Members have voting
rights and can serve as an officer or committee chair as well as serve on committees as long as their dues are paid and they are in good standing as a former employee.
Associate Member: Spouses or surviving spouses of qualified retired or satellite members are eligible for an associate membership in the club. Associate members can serve on committees but have no voting rights and
can not serve as an officer or committee chair. Upon death of the qualified retired member or satellite member, the surviving spouse will be invited to pay dues the following renewal year to continue their membership.
Satellite Member: Satellite members are "Retired Members" that reside outside the greater Memphis area and who geographically find it difficult to participate in the local Memphis activities.
Member-at-Large: Active or former employees who have 5 years permanent continuous service and are participating in a FedEx Retirement Plan. Members in this classification have voting rights and can serve as an officer or
committee chair as well as serve on committees as long as their dues are paid and they are in good standing with FedEx.
Cost of Membership:
The club is self-funded and therefore we do ask our members to pay nominal annual dues. These membership dues are used for club operating expenses such as the Newsletter distributions, luncheon mailings, etc. and may be used to help support charitable activities as approved by the FERC Board.
The membership fiscal year runs from June 1 to May 31. Dues are billed annually (normally in May). Dues for first time applicants who join after June 1 are prorated according to the number of months remaining in the fiscal year.
To join as a new member or renew your expired membership, please click here and complete the membership application.
- Annual dues for Memphis area retired members are $36 per year. Memphis area is defined as zip codes beginning with 380, 381, 386 or 723.
NOTE: When a retired member has a spouse who also is retired from FedEx, the spouse is automatically a member at no additional charge for dues until such time the retired member passes away.
You must contact firstname.lastname@example.org so that your FedEx spouse can be added to the membership roster.
- Satellite member annual dues are $18 per year. Satellite area is defined as any zip code not included in the Memphis area (as defined above). Satellite member dues are less because they are less likely to participate in local Memphis activities.
- Member-at-Large annual dues are the same as the other members, $36 or $18 as appropriate.